Monday, March 18, 2013

Week Three: Out-takes

So, this week was also the kind of thing you might see on America’s Funniest Home Videos for me.  My companions have demanded that I document each of the blunders I have encountered under these stars that are clearly not in my favor.

It started with getting stung by a bee in my armpit while drying off in the shower.  I haven’t had this pleasure since I was a kid and forgot how much it hurt!  Let’s see, I think the next thing was wearing scrubs with open bottoms while volcano-boarding.  I had volcanic ash everywhere (including "where the sun doesn’t shine") and with no running water and a bucket shower, this was hard to reverse.

Hmmm, then there was the day to remember, I was walking to the clinic, climbing under the barbed wire fence, which is not very easy for a “gringo,” and I got caught and fell, no worries, I got to the school, sat in a chair to meet with some students over a photo project and started to feel a sense that there was more air conditioning and wind than there should be. I look down and my pants are split from zipper to knee.  I must have gotten caught on the barbed wire! I was grateful to have a bandana to put over the area while walking home because it was as if I had no pants. I walked home to change and then walked back to the clinic, difficult with such a small supply of water and in the sun and heat.

Later, we went to a lecture for Chagas disease and I got my other pants caught on the broken bus seat and hear a horrible tearing noise.  Yup, pants number two…  As if that wasn’t enough, I lost my iPhone in a taxi on the way to buy water to bring home.  It did not end there either.  I went home and got stung by a bee on my backside getting water from the well to bathe. A perfect day to go down in history; someone should have told me to stay in bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment