Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Week Four: Laguna Asososca

We spent our last day with our family at the volcanic lagoon of Asososca.  Thirteen of us piled onto a pick-up truck for the one hour, forty five minute trek through the country to this secluded area.  Few tourists have access to this area and there were only a handful of locals that arrived on horse-back.  Later in the day a few tourists had made there way over with their group after volcano-boarding.

This is definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to, still mostly unchanged by human hands.  The family discussed how nice it would be to have homes bordering on the steep slopes of the crater, but in my mind that is the last thing I would like to see.  I hope it stays a treasure for the locals to use in the years to come.  The water is a serene shade of green, warm and perfect.  We played catch for hours with local fruits from the shore and ate some mangoes and papaya.  As we were leaving, I was thinking how much I was going to miss everything about El Tololar and “Nica” life when I return to the cold, snow and bustle of Massachusetts.  
 "Our family" 

No comments:

Post a Comment